Rouses Market #46
The Rouses Market #46 project was the renovation and repurposing of three adjoining structures into one cohesive building for use as the first full-service supermarket in downtown New Orleans in 50 years. Built in 1953, the largest of the two buildings is a four-story, poured-in-place structure with 91,000 square feet of upper floor parking garage area. The adjoining buildings are one- and two-story, steel-framed, pre-engineered metal structures.
Previously used as a car dealership, the buildings have been transformed into a seamless, modern grocery store with 33,000 square feet of sales floor area and 24,000 square feet of receiving and storage.
Rouse Land- Baronne LLC